Want to create a user group in Joomla? This Joomla tutorial will walk you through on the steps and pictures to create a user group in Joomla.
Table of Contents
How to Create a Joomla User Group
This Joomla tutorial on creating a user group is written with steps and pictures for quick understanding.
Login to the control panel of your Joomla website. The login page of your Joomla website could be accessed by adding /administrator to the end of the homepage URL. For example; if your Joomla website URL is http://example.com, adding /administrator to the end of http://example.com becomes http://example.com/administrator. When the go or enter button is pressed, it displays the administrative login page of your Joomla website. You can now enter your admin username and password.
Click on Users » manage. It’s located at the top of your Control Panel screen.
You can also access the user management page by clicking on users, which is located below the users section of your Control Panel screen.
On the user management page of your Joomla website, click on user group.
On the user group page, you’ll see other Joomla user groups. To create a new user group, click on new.
You’ll see two input fields. The first input field is for the title of the user group, while the second user group is for the group parent. Enter the title of the user group and select the group parent for the user group you are creating.
Click on the save button to create/save your new user group.
Editing a Joomla User Group
If you’d like to edit a Joomla user group, tick the check box beside the name of the user group you’d like to edit, then click on edit.
You can simply click on the name of the user group you’d like to edit. This will open the edit screen for you to modify your Joomla user group.
Deleting a Joomla User Group
To delete a Joomla user group, tick the check box beside the name of the user group you’d like to remove, then click on the delete button. You’ll be asked to confirm deletion. If you choose yes, a success message will be displayed that you have deleted a Joomla user group. If you choose cancel, the delete action will be cancelled . Meaning that the user group will not be deleted!
If you picked yes, you have successfully deleted a user group!
Quick Steps: Creating a Joomla User Group
- Step 1 – Login to the Control Panel of the Joomla website you’d like to create a user group for.
- Step 2 – Click on Users » Manage.
- Step 3 – On the user management page of your Joomla website, click on user group.
- Step 4 – On the user group page, click on new.
- Step 5 – Enter the title of the user group and select the group parent for the group you are creating.
- Step 6 – Click on the save button upon finish to save your new user group.
You have created a user group for your Joomla website.
Hand picked Joomla tutorials:
- 10 best free web hosting providers for Joomla
- how to submit your Joomla website to Google Search Console/Webmaster Tools
- how to install Joomla (all in one guide)
- how to load/display a module in Joomla article
- how to submit your Joomla XML sitemap to Google Search Console/Webmaster Tools
Last Words – Creating a User Group in Joomla
This Joomla tutorial has shown you the steps and pictures to create a Joomla user group. User groups in Joomla lets you group your Joomla users to different user levels. We have other Joomla tutorials in this website.