How to Add Article in Joomla 4
Disclaimer: Your support helps keep JovialGuide running! Our content is reader-supported. This means if you click on some of our links, we may earn a commission.
After you have created a blog with Joomla, the next step is to add articles to your Joomla blog. This is the essence of a blog! You can easily add articles to Joomla by following a few simple steps.
In this JovialGuide, we will show you how to add articles in Joomla 4.
How to Add Articles in Joomla 4
Login to your Joomla 4 admin panel by adding /administrator to the end of your Joomla website URL. When it open, type your username and password to login.
To add articles in Joomla 4, under the Site section, click on the + icon beside Articles and you will be taken to the new article page of Joomla 4.
Alternatively, on the sidebar of the Joomla 4 admin panel, click on Content then the + icon beside Articles.
Let’s take a look at the fields in the new articles page of Joomla 4.
- Title * – This is the title field for your article.
- Alias – The alias field allows you generate the permalink, URL or slug for your Joomla 4 article. If you leave it empty, it will be auto-generated from your article title.
- Article Text – This is the part you will have to compose or write the body of your Joomla 4 article.
- Status – By default, when you click on the save button, your article will be published to the frontend of your Joomla 4 site. However, if you need to archive or draft your post, click on the drop down below Status, then select Archived and your Joomla 4 article will be archived for your.
- Category * – You can easily select a category for your Joomla 4 article. The default category is Uncategorised. If you need to create a category, type the name of the category and press the enter button and the category will be created for you.
- Featured – Now if you need to set your Joomla 4 article to be featured, toggle the Featured button from
- Tags – You can easily assign as many tags as you want to your Joomla 4 article. If you need to create a tag, type the name of the tag and press the enter button and the tag will be created for you.
- Note – This is an optional note for your Joomla 4 article.
- Version Note – This is an optional version note for your Joomla 4 article.
Note that * (asterisk) means that the field is required.
Adding Intro Image and Full Article Image to Joomla 4 Article
To insert intro image and full article image to Joomla 4 article, click on the Images and Links tab.
The first section is for intro image while the second section is for full article image. We will start with the first section which is for the intro image.
To add an intro image to Joomla 4 article, click on the green Select button next to Intro Image.
After that, A modal will be opened. Go ahead and select or upload the image you want to use as your article intro image.
After that, add the image description (Alt text) – very important for Joomla SEO, then the image class and caption if you have.
That is it, you have inserted an intro image into your Joomla 4 article.
To insert a full article image into your Joomla 4 article, follow the same steps as article intro image.
Saving Your Joomla 4 Article
After you are done composing your Joomla 4 article, you will have to save it. Joomla allows you easily save your article in two ways:
- Save – the save option allows you to save the article and continue editing.
- Save & Close – this option saves the article and redirects you to the Joomla 4 article list page.
You can also click on the down arrow icon beside the Save & Close button to show other save options – Save to Menu and Save as Copy.
You just added and saved a Joomla 4 article. Now visit the frontend (the part your visitors see) of your Joomla website to see the article you just published.
Feature, Publish, Unpublish or Delete a Joomla 4 Article or Category
To set a Joomla 4 article as featured, on the Joomla 4 articles page, find the article that you want to set as featured. Now click on the circle that is under Featured.
- The yellow star means that the article has been set as Featured
- While the gray circle without anything means that the article is not featured
To unpublish a Joomla 4 article, click on the circle under Status to either publish or unpublish your Joomla 4 article.
- The green tick means that the article has been published
- While the gray X means that the article has been unpublished
To delete a Joomla 4 article, tick the checkbox beside the article you want to delete to select it
Click Actions » Trash and the article will be moved to the trash.
To publish, unpublish or delete a Joomla 4 category, follow the same steps for articles.
We hope this JovialGuide helped you learn how to add articles in Joomla 4.
See other of our Joomla tutorials for more.