If you are looking for the best Joomla managed hosting company, this JovialGuide is for you.
Joomla managed hosting happens to be better and more powerful than Joomla shared hosting. With Joomla managed hosting, you can have your Joomla website run at a high performance without any worry.
This post will show you what Joomla managed hosting is, the pros and cons of using Joomla managed hosting, etc. Everything in this JovialGuide gives detailed information on managed hosting for Joomla.
Table of Contents
What is Joomla Managed Hosting?
Joomla managed hosting is any web hosting plan that is specially designed for Joomla websites and the technical aspects are handled or managed by the web hosting experts.
Joomla managed hosting provides you with the features you need to have a more secure and faster Joomla website. It comes with 100% uptime, meaning that your website can never go offline. Joomla managed hosting plans are generally expensive, they cost more money than other regular web hosting plans. This is because you are given special web hosting resources only for your website.
Your Joomla website would run faster than before when it is hosted on Joomla managed hosting server. You’ll experience tighter and stronger security when you are on a managed hosting server. Your website is more secure and faster because you are alone on that server (managed server).
In Joomla managed hosting, you don’t share web hosting resources with anyother website.
On the other hand, it is good to note that managed hosting plans are generally expensive, they cost more money than other web hosting plans.
Pros and Cons of Using Joomla Managed Hosting
It’s certain that anything that have advantages, surely, must have disadvantages. The same applies to Joomla managed hosting!
Joomla managed hosting come with advantages and disadvantages. These advantages are what qualifies it, whether Joomla managed hosting plans are good or not.
Since Joomla managed hosting keeps being one of the most recommended Joomla hosting plan, let’s see the pros and cons associated with it.
When we show you the pros and cons of using something, we are only showing you the good and bad sides of using them.
Pros of Using Joomla Managed Hosting
The pros of using Joomla managed hosting shows you what you’ll benefit when you use Joomla managed hosting. These are the things you’ll never find in other Joomla hosting plans.
The pros of using Joomla managed hosting are;
- They are secure – If you are always a victim of hacked websites as a result of sharing web hosting resources with infected or vulnerable websites, with Joomla managed hosting, you’ll say goodbye to that! Joomla managed hosting plans are more secure than other regular web hosting plans because you don’t share web hosting resources with any website.
- They are fast – Joomla managed hosting plans are faster than other regular Joomla hosting plans because you are given a special webserver for only your website. Since Joomla managed hosting plans are more expensive than other usual hosting plans, expect it to be faster than others.
Now that we have known the advantages of using Joomla managed hosting, let’s see the disadvantages.
Cons of Using Joomla Managed Hosting
Like the pros of using Joomla managed hosting that showed you what you’ll benefit when you use it, the cons shows the opposite. The cons of using Joomla managed hosting are the bad sides/disadvantages of Joomla managed hosting.
The cons of using Joomla managed hosting plans are:
- Less control – When you host your Joomla website on a managed hosting plan, you are usually not in control, it is managed by the team of experts of your web host. In Joomla managed hosting, the job of the experts of your web hosting provider is to maintain the server for you, so, you’ll have less access.
- They are expensive – Joomla managed hosting plans are usually expensive. They are configured for speed, strong security, etc., these things cost additional money. The team of experts of your web hosting provider handles the technical aspects, so, expect to pay higher than other regular web hosting plans.
Joomla shared hosting plans are way cheaper than managed hosting plans. It is the most recommended and popular web hosting type. Joomla shared hosting plans come in different sizes. Each of these sizes come in different prices.
In Joomla managed hosting, you don’t share web hosting resources with any website, on like Joomla shared hosting plans where you share web hosting resources with other websites.
- Joomla shared hosting plans are less secure than Joomla managed hosting plans
- Shared hosting plans are not fast
- You are in charge of the technical aspects
- Joomla shared hosting plans are cheaper than managed hosting plans. They could cost as low/lower than $3 per month. (signup with BlueHost or A2 Hosting for cheap shared hosting plans)
Joomla shared hosting plans are the most popular, common and most recommended web hosting type.
Some Joomla shared hosting providers guarantee upto 90, 99 – 100% uptime of your website. Atimes, you may experience even less or even upto 100% uptime.
Joomla shared hosting lets you have full control/access of the technical aspects, but it isn’t so in managed hosting.
Joomla Managed Hosting (Differences)
- Joomla managed hosting plans are more secure than Joomla shared hosting plans
- They are faster than Joomla shared hosting plans
- The technical aspect is managed by your web hosting experts.
- They are more expensive than Joomla shared hosting plans. They cost as high as $50 per month.
Joomla managed hosting come with a guarantee of 100% uptime, meaning that your Joomla website (on managed server) will always be online. Note that atimes you may not experience upto 100% uptime of your website.
They are usually recommended for large websites, that is; websites with massive visitors/traffic.
In managed Joomla hosting, your website runs on a special server that is used by you alone.
Choosing the Best Joomla Managed Hosting (2019)
There’s this one thing you shouldn’t forget about Joomla managed hosting… What’s that? Do not forget to pick Joomla managed hosting plan that matches your budget, one that isn’t above your budget.
Before the expiration date of your Joomla managed hosting plan, you’ll be notified of the expiration. At this time, you are expected to take action on or before the expiration date. If no action is taken (after the expiration date) to renew your Joomla managed hosting plan, your (Joomla) website will be temporarily shut down/closed down till you are able to renew your managed hosting plan.
The renewal fee of some Joomla managed hosting plans may differ from the initial cost, meaning that they may be more expensive than the initial price. We recommend you take proper survey on any Joomla managed hosting plan you’d like before going ahead to pay.
To avoid having your Joomla website from being suspended, pick any Joomla managed hosting plan that you can pay its renewal fee.