Content management can be difficult when you are new to a CMS because there are a lot of options with which you can manage it. But without knowing those options it looks a bit tedious.
Joomla too has a lot of options for managing and displaying the content be it categories, tags, filters, articles and so much more. One of the easiest and most helpful of all of them is using Joomla Tags.
This article will explain to you how versatile Joomla tags are and one of the ways to display all the Joomla articles for a specific tag. Same tags can be applied to a lot of other content within Joomla and content can have any number of tags to it. Let’s now look at the process of how useful these are with Joomla articles.
What are Joomla Tags?
The most flexible way of managing content in Joomla is via Joomla Tags. You can use any number of tags for almost any type of content be it articles, contacts, fields, categories, newsfeeds, etc. Once the content is tagged it can be viewed using the tag link, that displays all the content under it.
Creating Joomla Tags is possible in two ways, that are as follows:
- Navigate to Components > Tags and create a New tag just as you would create any other content in Joomla with details. Here you even have the possibility of creating nested tags or parent-child tags.
- The other easiest way of creating a tag is while editing any content that has a Tag field in it. Simply type the tag name and press enter, your tag is created.
Steps to show all Joomla Articles within a specific Joomla Tag
So now you have an idea of how versatile tags are and how smoothly they can be created in Joomla. The next question is how one can display the content of a specific tag?
Let’s take an example of Joomla articles type content here and see how to display all the articles within a specific tag. Before starting make sure you have added the tags to the articles.
- Go to Extensions > Modules and create a new module of type Articles – Category
- After creating the module go to the Filtering Options tab.
- There you will see the Tags option. Choose the tag whose articles you wish to show.
- Now publish the module to your desired position, add the module title and Save the module.
This way you will now start seeing the list of all the articles for that specific tag. Similarly, you can create modules to display different content within a specific tag. Let me know in the comments below how helpful was the hack for you to manage the content of your Joomla website.